Saturday, December 11, 2010

Custom isn't Custom if you force the User to choose specific parts.

I happened across a company called Digital Storm Customized Systems. They had some nice Black and Red themed systems however, catered mainly to the Intel Enthusiast Crowd especially where their nicer systems were concerned and while I agree wholeheartedly that yes, when push comes to shove, Intel's flagship Core i7 processor is indeed the best processor out there, it's not the best when it comes to performance versus cost.

As I mentioned in my previous post, Intel's flagship processor currently costs just a dollar shy of a thousand and that is before you consider any applicable sales tax, base shipping costs and any little extras you may have in mind (such as insurance or faster delivery in case you need the processor immediately or want to be entirely sure that if the odd thing happens and your package doesn't get to you or is in bad shape at the fault of the shipping company...) and such.

It absolutely pisses me off and the company doesn't even seem to consider people like me. Yeah I want to pay money for a very high end system, that looks absolutely amazing but I don't want Intel and I certainly don't want NVidia. There's hearsay that AMD's next CPU will blow Intel out of the water, and that ATi is really kicking NVidia's Ass despite PhysX and NVidia's 3D setups. After all, ATi currently has it's formidable Eyefinity, and of course it has AMD backing it.

It's just so frustrating. I'm thinking about calling this Digital Storm place up and inquiring about their systems because I only saw a few Phenom X6 setups and they were in cases I already threw away all notion of using for my custom build.

No comments:

Post a Comment