Saturday, December 11, 2010

Why aren't there more Red LEDs in electronics and more Red components in general?

I have an issue with the run of the mill Green, Blue, and orange Power/Activity LED in many Electronics today. All three colors are common, with Green and Blue being the most common of the trio of colors. You see I'm very sensitive to certain things within my range of sight. Having my PC on top of my desk and currently being able to see within it, I'm lucky that my Fan/Heatsink combo is large enough that the Blue LED on my Motherboard  is mostly hidden from view. I'm not so lucky with the bright Green LED on my Logitech Speakers. It is annoying and more often than not if I'm trying to do anything that requires concentration I have to somehow hide it with something placed in front of the right hand speaker. I had to do the same with the Orange LED on my previous set of Altec Lansing Speakers.  However the one LED color that does NOT distract me all that much is Red.

But no matter how much I look for it, It is nearly impossible to find a Computer or other Electronic Component using an LED for any reason in Red. Sure you can get LED Fans that change color or use Red LEDs but for the most part Blue and Green still dominate the market.

It's beyond annoying. It's downright infuriating. Heck it's worse than some annoying sound being played, because  you can't block out light annoyances, even if you close your eyes. At least there are things to block sound annoyances.

Next up: I really want to upgrade my computer but between Color Theme issues and total indecision on my part,  I need to type my thoughts about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment